AreaRAE Steel Z1
Ruggedized Wireless Multi-Gas Monitor
This product is currently sold in Europe only.
The AreaRAE Steel Z1 is a one- to five-gas wireless monitor that delivers ATEX Zone 1 certification in an extremely rugged stainless steel enclosure designed for applications in harsh environments. The weather-resistant AreaRAE Steel Z1 is the benchmark against which portable wireless gas monitors are judged.
AreaRAE Steel Z1 combines a photoionization detector (PID) for parts-per-million measurement of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) with lower explosive limit (LEL) and oxygen sensors, plus two electrochemical toxic sensors for measuring specific substances such as hydrogen sulfide or chlorine. An integrated wireless modem allows the AreaRAE Steel to transmit real-time gas measurement data to a ProRAE Remote base station located up to 1.5 kilometers away.
The base station is a standard Windows based PC running ProRAE Remote software connected to a RAELink2 Host Modem. The base station can communicate with up to 12 AreaRAE Steel Z1s (or other AreaRAE-compatible monitors), providing a multi-threat detection network that can monitor a wide geographic area.
AreaRAE Steel Z1 monitors are powered by rechargeable lithium-ion batteries that deliver 18 hours of continuous operation.
The AreaRAE Steel Z1 is ideal for fast deployment during plant shutdowns or turn-around. AreaRAE Steel Z1 detectors can be used to quickly establish a working perimeter by setting out multiple monitors at strategic locations, then backing off to a position of safety to monitor readings over the wireless link.
- Up to five sensors (PID, LEL, O2 and two toxic gas electrochemical)
- Loud buzzer and large, extrabright warning light
- Large LCD display and keypad
- Rugged, weather-resistant stainless-steel housing (IP65)
- Built-in sampling pump
- nterchangeable Lithium-ion
- Real-time wireless data transmission with built-in RF modem
- View real-time sensor data and alarm status at headquarters or command center
- ProRAE Remote software simultaneously controls and displays readings for remote detectors and storage data
- License-free, ISM wireless transmission with communication range up to 3 km, extendable with RAELink2 Repeaters
- Fully hardware and software compatible with standard AreaRAE network component
- HazMat and Emergency Response
- Refineries and Petrochemical Plants
- Power Plants
- Pulp and Paper Industry
- Plant and Mill Turnarounds
- Marine and Offshore Wells
Related Products & Accessories
Buy Spare Parts & Accessories